Molybdenum disulfide CAS:1317-33-5 Product introduction
Product name: Molybdenum disulfide
Appearance:Lead-grey to black solid powder, greasy touch, odorless, hexagonal or orthorhombic, similar to graphite, with metallic luster
Molybdenum disulfide Characteristic:
Lead gray to black solid powder, slippery on contact, odorless, belongs to hexagonal crystal system or rhombohedral crystal system, similar to graphite, with metallic luster. Relative density 5.06(d1515) or 4.80(d254), melting point 1185℃, Mohs hardness 1.0~1.5. Insoluble in water, dilute acid, can be eroded by concentrated sulfuric acid, concentrated nitric acid, boiling concentrated hydrochloric acid, aqua regia, pure oxygen, fluorine and chlorine. Insoluble in other acids, alkalis, solvents, petroleum and synthetic lubricants.
Molybdenum disulfide COA:
|Inspection Items||Specification||Results of Inspection|
|wt.% Composition content||MoS2||≥98.50||98.63|
|total insolubles wt.%||≤0.500||0.283|
|oil contents wt.%||≤0.500||0.047|
|D50 Diameter at 50%||1.42 μm|
|（24 h,100 °C） Corrosive T3Cu test（24 h,100 °C）||qualified|
Molybdenum disulfide Application:
1. Molybdenum disulfide is used to make lubricating grease, solid lubricating film additive, nylon and other fillers and catalysts. For the preparation of molybdenum compounds
2. Molybdenum disulfide is also used as a catalyst for hydrogenation. Lubricant for oil-free lubrication of drills, cutting tools, etc., carbide steel, etc.
3. Molybdenum disulfide used as a cooling lubricant for metal cutting
4. Widely used in the automotive industry and machinery industry. Can be used as a good solid lubricating material. Excellent lubricity for equipment at high temperature, low temperature, high load, high speed, chemical corrosion and modern ultra-vacuum conditions.
Molybdenum disulfide Package:
– Molybdenum disulfide 25kg moisture-proof woven bag lined with two layers of plastic bags,
– Molybdenum disulfide 1000kg moisture-proof big bag lined with two layers of plastic bags.
Molybdenum disulfide storage and transportation:
To be protected from water.To be protected from torrid sunlight.To be protected from fire.
|Ammonium molybdate tetrahydrate||12054-85-2|
|Sodium tungstate dihydrate||10213-10-2|
For specific prices, You can leave your email, our staff will send it to your email immediately.
2.Is Molybdenum disulfide in stock?
We have it in stock and ready to ship.
3. What is the purpose of Molybdenum disulfide?
Detailed usage is in the product details page.
There are no reviews yet.